A great deal of people have already written about what makes a great logo and many more have put together collections, showcases, studies of great/bad logos that I don’t feel it necessary to further flood the interweb with my own thoughts on the matter. Others have fully and eloquently expressed the process better than I ever could, so from them, I will learn and pass that knowledge on.Some day soon, I will share with you my own process of branding myself but right now, I am still trying to figure that out. Go figure, as a designer it is my privilege to help create logos for other people and to my own detriment, I have yet to design my own but I digress. Without further adieu, the following are my personal resources on logos.
- Brands of the world
Comprehensive resource to browse and access thousands of logos around the world.
- Logo Pond
- Logo of the Day
Logo Design Inspiration – Daily!
Collection of Web 2.0 Logos
- The Logos of Web 2.0 by The Font Feed
A breakdown of the different trends of Web 2.0, from softies, futurists, classics and new classics.
- Logo Design Trends 2009 by 1stwebdesigner.com
- An Exciting Showcase of 2009 Logo Trends by Graphic Design Blog
- Logo Lounge 2008 Trends
- Your Logo Makes Me Barf
Even the website isn’t pretty, but it gets the point across right?
- Best and Worst 2008 by Brand New
Tips, Guides and Branding
- Famous Brand History by Logo Orange
It’s always a treat to learn the history of a logo or of anything else, for that matter.
- 5 Vital Logo Design Tips by David Airey
- 45 Rules for Creating a Great Logo Design by Tanner Christensen
- The Power of Personal Branding by Nubby Twiglet
- Branding Firefox by Jon Hicks
- Firefox Logo Guide
See the work above in action.
- Corporate Brand Guidelines
A collection of brand guidelines for various companies, this one is especially useful for times when you’ve completed a logo design.
- ESPN Brand Identity Guide
- 81 of the Best Logo Design Resources
Even more links to wrap your mind around! A huge list covering topics from type, history, trends, books, tutorials and even more showcases!
And this article ain’t complete without the amazing Make My Logo Bigger!!! cream.